What We Believe
Our vision and values are informed by what we believe as a Presbyterian church. To read about what we believe, download the What We Believe PDF (from the San Diego Presbytery).
To worship God and reflect the love of Jesus in serving others.
(Deuteronomy 6:4-5; 1 Chronicles 16:23-31; Mark 12:29-31; John 3:16-17)
Our Vision of the Future
To be a church that will...
... Gather as followers of Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20; Hebrews 10:23-25)
... Share life together (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
... Embrace the community (Jeremiah 29:4-7; Acts 2:46-47)
... Join in what God is doing in the world (Ephesians 2:10)
We know we are loving when we:
- Love others as Jesus loves us (John 13:34-35; 1 John 4:11)
- Show compassion to others (Colossians 3:12; 1 Peter 3:8)
- Feel our hearts sing (Psalms 30:12; 1 Peter 1:8-9)
- Look for the goodness in everyone (Genesis 1:27; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
We know we are showing grace when we:
- Forgive and accept others (Ephesians 4:32)
- Assume everyone is doing the best they can given their present level of awareness (Ephesians 4:2-3)
- Choose not to judge ourselves or others (Luke 6:37-38; Romans 14:13)
- Work to resolve conflict with others in mind (Psalm 133:1; 1 Corinthians 1:10; 1 Peter 3:8)
We know we have integrity when we:
- Live what we say we believe (Psalms 119:9-11; Proverbs 11:3; James 1:22)
- Are dependable and people know they can count on us (Galatians 5:22; Colossians 3:9-10)
- Are honest with ourselves and others (Proverbs 21:3; 1 John 3:18)
- Keep the promises we make (Matthew 5:33-37)
We know we are living in community when we:
- Have an uncontrollable urge to serve others (Mark 10:45; Galatians 5:13)
- Care deeply about the concerns and needs of others (Matthew 25:37-40)
- Think of others before ourselves (Philippians 2:3-4)
- Give generously of our time, talent and treasure (Proverbs 11:24; Luke 12:34; Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 9:7; 1 Timothy 6:17-19)
Our church is a delight to God. Everyone involved is joyful and reflects the fruit of the Spirit as we interact with each other and the community.
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well (Matthew 6:33).